To: Perdana Menteri of Malaysia.
Date: 15 July 2008
Via: Wireless Internet - Blackberry (Hak Kerajaan Malaysia).
Re: Voluntary Resignation
My name is, Datuk Ahmad Shabery Cheek, Mycard No: (erm, Dato Seri can check inside my personal folder, i dont remember all the digits), would like to VOLUNTARY resign from my current position as the Minister of Information of Malaysia w.e.f. The following suggest my resignation:
1. I did not know how to reply properly in a debate, which had famously tarnished my reputation publicly.
2. I did not want to be the person responsible for Malaysia anymore.
3. I always have flashbacks and re-lapsed problem when I get utterly nervous.
4. I think my cheating during my History exam during my Primary & Secondary, is coming back to haunt me.
5. I only learnt on the existence of the word 'populist' one hour before the recent debate. According to the dictionaries available at that time (via wireless internet, I was on my blackberry): pop·u·list - a supporter of the rights and power of the people.
(http://www.dictionary.com/)populist - a noun; a member or supporter of a political party whoseeks to appeal to or represent the interests and views of ordinarypeople.
(http://www.askoxford.com/)I regretly informed that I have wrongly used & misinterpret this word during my recent debate, to my disadvantage.
6. I'm genetically suffering from halitosis and some salivary defect which prevent my pleasant appearance during public events.
7. It is a mistake to trust young former university lecturer to debate on the grounds of politic & country's economy with a reputable & educated ex-minister.
8. I always get emotional during Q&A session.
9. I always dont get it, the questions thrown at me, hence #no 1.
I would like to extend my gratitude to Dato Seri and your respective members of the Cabinet for your trust and support during my stint tenure.
Datuk Ahmad Shabery Cheek
p/s: I would like to keep my 'Datuk-ship' can or not??